Friday, April 24, 2009

Bracelets delivered! On to the next challenge ....

I delivered the bracelets last night! Finally! I met my customer at the McKinney ballfields near the ballfields at Craig Ranch. This gave me a chance to see Robert Hogan's statue of Joe DiMaggio. Wow! You can even see the texture of Joe's shoelaces! Amazing. The photos on Bob's website, bronzeartbyhogan, don't do his sculptures justice.

Today is "home repair and maintenance" day. New A/C and heating unit for the downstairs will be installed today, next Thursday the upstairs unit will be replaced. The nursery is removing two dead pear trees, victims of cotton root rot, and replacing them with a redbud and a magnolia. With any luck, the insurance adjuster will make it out today to inspect the roof - we lost several shingles in last Friday's winds and the roofing contractor says it's time to replace the 15-year-old roof. It's hard to believe the house is 15 years old!

While all of this is going on, I'll probably try my hand at knitting hot air balloon ornaments. I'm renting space at the Anna Glow Fest balloon festival Memorial Day weekend. Alan suggested that I make hot air balloon ornaments to sell there. Hmm. I wonder if I can make hot air balloon earrings ... I'll have to think about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment