Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday activities

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a good day. I started the day finishing up with Trade Days activities - taking the last load of "stuff" to storage, unpacking the floral arrangements from the tubs they were transported in and putting them back on the shelves, cleaning up bits of trash from my spot.

In the early afternoon, I had tea with two friends. We had a lovely time, snacking on delicious quiche, fruit salad, tea breads, scones, and pastries. We hated to see our time together end, but we did all need to get back to other commitments.

My husband took me out for dinner - Genghis Grill - one of our favorite special occasion spots. We almost had the place to ourselves. There were three other diners there when we arrived and only about 10 diners when we left.

I taught my Wilton Cake Decorating Course 2, Lesson 2, Monday night. This is one of my favorite lessons because the students learn to work with one of my favorite media - run sugar, or, as Wilton has trademarked it, Color Flow.

When I got home, my husband and I sampled the chocolate cheesecake he baked for me. It was delicious!

All in all, a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment